Digital design professional with 12+ years of industry experience.
Passionate about creating beautiful and simplistic designs, design psychology, problem solving, learning and teaching.
Work experience in various types of businesses: #agencyLife, start-ups, corporations. On product teams, lead designer, or lone-wolf.
Skills & interests
- User Experience 100%
- User Interface Design 100%
- Front-end Developer 30%
- Entrepreneur at Heart 100%
- Teacher & Mentor 90%
User Interviews Surveys
User Testing & Research
Website & Content
Sitemaps, User Flows, Journey Maps
Statements of Work
Timelines / Budgets
Axure & OmniGraffle
WordPress, Drupal, Joomula
Sitecore, Sitefinity, SharePoint
PNC // May 2018- Present
Experience Designer, Lead
Working hand-in-hand with other Designers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects and Developers to lead the design for a financial platform in an agile environment.
- User research, testing and interviews
- Identify’s solutions for the users needs & goals
- Design interfaces and interactive prototype using Sketch and inVision
- Create, execute and communicate design system
Gatesman // August 2013 – May 2018
Senior User Experience Architect
Scope, research, plan and design interactive projects. Lead, manage, mentor junior UX professionals.
- Provides initial project assessment and research
- Conduct user interviews
- Develops personas, identifies needs & goals
- Provides competitive analysis & bench marking
- Creates information architecture, site maps and user flows
- Initiates prototyping by creating sketches and wireframes, using Axure
- Additionally steps in to other roles:
- Design high-fidelity interface mockups, final comps using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Completes project management tasks such as timelines, budgets and estimates
- Works with Director of Digital to create statements of work
- Basic Google Analytics reporting and AdWords Campaigns
1 Million 1 Love // November 2017 – April 2018
Cofounder / Interim COO / Product Manager
• Responsible for developing and executing the strategy of the build for the 1 Million 1 Love products. Web, iOS, Android platforms.
• Translating the vision, mission and targets into concrete services.
• Managing and directing he marketing, business and tech team to continuously improve.
• Analyzing market trends, opportunities and challenges and acting on them. Hands on support to develop 1 Million 1 Love.
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh // June 2016 – January 2017
Teach classes for both web and graphic design professionals, demonstrating industry tools and standards. Create and plan course curriculum for 12 week classes, 4 hours per class. Lecture, conduct hands-on instruction and provide mentorship.
Not only is Erica highly responsive and creative, but she comes to each project well-researched and her technical knowledge is something I relied on frequently.Blake Lightholder
PPG Industries // September 2009 – August 2013
User Interface Designer / Front-End Web Developer
Took major projects from concept to completion. Project research, planning, and execution.
- Managed tasks & deadlines for self and team members, communicated goals and timeline
- Developed initial project assessments and research
- Conducted user interviews, competitive analysis & bench marking, created documentation outlining goals & features
- Provided content audits, information architecture, as well as, site maps and user flows in Axure or OmniGraffle
- Developed sketches, wireframes, prototypes and user flows using Axure or OmniGraffle
- Designed high-fidelity interface mockups and final comps using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Coded sites in Dreamweaver & Visual Studio using HTML5, & CSS3, working with developers for more complex .NET functionality, QA testing
Julian V Holdings LLC // March 2009 – September 2009
Interactive Designer / Web Developer
Planning, installation and customization of Joomla driven web sites.
- Built information architectures
- Created numerous websites
- Customized graphics and plug-ins for Joomla CMS web sites & web site maintenance
- Created and managed Google Analytics and Google Adwords accounts
- Developed and managed social media accounts
- Published e-magazine using inDesign
- Video editing and animations made in Flash and Fireworks
- Website / News Photography
Good Impressions Digital // May 2008 – Present
Founder & CEO
Web Consulting: Concentrating on brochure style web sites for small – medium sized businesses.
- Provides project budgets, briefs and timelines
- Conducts competitive analysis, information architecture, wireframes
- Creates high-fidelity designs using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Develops cusomized WordPress websites
- Google analytics, SEO
- Create and manage social media accounts and graphics
VEKA Inc. // September 2006 – May 2008
Multimedia / Web Developer
Took projects from concept to completion, working directly with the client.
- Conducted project research and planning, as well as competitive analysis and web site documentation
- Provided content audits and created information architecture, sketches, wireframes and sitemaps
- Designed sites using Photoshop
- Created interactive multimedia using Flash
- Coded sites in Dreamweaver, tested, finalized, and maintained final product
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh // July 2005 – September 2006
Attend and assist in lower level classes. Tutoring and mentorship.
Erica is very diligent and easy to work with. She goes the extra mile to make sure things flow easily between UX, Design, and Development.Josh Soberdash
Bachelor of Science in Interactive Media Design
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Graduated with Honors // September 2006
*Best in Show Award*
Erica’s classes were among my favorites. She made the topic interesting but also threw in so much real world knowledge.Hannah Morgan
PNC Grow Up Great Program // 2018 – Present
Teachers Helper, Pittsburgh Public School
Founder & Organizer // 2013 – Present
UX Pittsburgh, Professional Group
Portfolio Critique and Mentor // 2007 – 2015
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Digital Consulting // 2008 – 2014
SPRITES Foundation, Mental Health & Suicide Prevention