Digital design professional with 14 years of industry experience.
Passionate about creating beautiful and simplistic designs, design psychology, problem solving, learning and teaching.
Work experience in various types of businesses: #agencyLife, start-ups, corporations. On product teams, lead designer, or lone-wolf.
Skills & interests
- User Research 100% 100%
- User Interface Design 100% 100%
- Front-end Developer 30% 30%
- Entrepreneur at Heart 100% 100%
- Teacher & Mentor 90% 90%
Statements of Work
Timelines / Budgets
WordPress, Drupal, Joomula
Sitecore, Sitefinity, SharePoint, Kentico
DICK’S Sporting Goods // December 2018 – Present
Senior User Experience Designer
Working on a balanced product team utilizing lean and agile, user centered design methods.
- Discovery: Finding and understanding the opportunities in our space. Affinity mapping and prioritization.
- Framing: Solution generation and lean experimentation to find determine our MVP.
- Lead research: user interviews, surveys, persona building, journey mapping, stakeholder interviews, workshop facilitation, competitive analysis
- Lead design: wireframes, user interface designs, clickable prototypes, user testing
PNC // May 2018 – December 2018
Experience Designer, Lead
Working hand-in-hand with other Designers, Product Owners, Business Analysts, Architects and Developers to lead the design for a financial platform in an agile environment.
- Discovery: Identify’s solutions that meet the users needs & goals
- User interviews
- User testing
- Lead design efforts for UI work
- Interactive prototypes using Sketch and inVision
- Create, execute and communicate design system
Gatesman // August 2013 – May 2018
Senior User Experience Architect – 2016
User Experience Architect – 2014
UI / UX Designer – 2013
Scope, research, plan and design interactive projects. Lead, manage, mentor junior UX professionals. Work closely with development and creative teams.
- Project SOW’s, audits, points of view, recommendations
- User interviews, personas and journey maps to communication needs and goals
- Provide competitive analysis & bench marking
- Create information architecture, site maps and user flows
- Facilitation of focus groups and client sessions
- Design workshops, sketching, wire framing, and prototyping
- Design high-fidelity UI mockups
- Completes project management tasks such as timelines, budgets and estimates
- Basic Google Analytics reporting and AdWords Campaigns
1 Million 1 Love // November 2017 – April 2018
Cofounder / Interim COO / Product Manager
This passion project brought together 15 professionals from across the globe to execute on one mans vision. “Spread 1 million messages of love across the globe.” 1 Million 1 Love encouraged users to post a picture with a message of love that would be shared as an art installation once it received 1 million submissions. The company was sponsored by green and sustainable companies from all over and maintained a Web Sites, iOS and Android app.
• Responsible for developing and executing the strategy for the build for the 1 Million 1 Love products in Web, iOS, Android platforms.
• Translating the vision, mission and targets into concrete services.
• Managing and directing marketing, business and tech teams to continuously improve. (~15 professionals)
• Analyzing market trends, opportunities and challenges and acting on them.
* Hands on design and development support to develop 1 Million 1 Love.
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh // June 2016 – January 2017
Teach classes for both web and graphic design professionals, demonstrating industry tools and standards. Create and plan course curriculum for 12 week classes, 4 hours per class. Lecture, conduct hands-on instruction and provide mentorship.
PPG Industries // September 2009 – August 2013
User Interface Designer & Front-End Web Developer
Took major projects from concept to completion. Project research, planning, and execution.
- Managed tasks & deadlines for self and team members, communicated goals and timeline
- Developed initial project assessments and research
- Conducted user interviews, competitive analysis & bench marking, created documentation outlining goals & features
- Provided content audits, information architecture, as well as, site maps and user flows in Axure or OmniGraffle
- Developed sketches, wireframes, prototypes and user flows using Axure or OmniGraffle
- Designed high-fidelity interface mockups and final comps using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Coded sites in Dreamweaver & Visual Studio using HTML5, & CSS3, working with developers for more complex .NET functionality, QA testing
Not only is Erica highly responsive and creative, but she comes to each project well-researched and her technical knowledge is something I relied on frequently.
Julian V Holdings LLC // March 2009 – September 2009
Interactive Designer / Web Developer
Planning, installation and customization of Joomla driven web sites.
- Built information architectures
- Created numerous websites
- Customized graphics and plug-ins for Joomla CMS web sites & web site maintenance
- Created and managed Google Analytics and Google Adwords accounts
- Developed and managed social media accounts
- Published e-magazine using inDesign
- Video editing and animations made in Flash and Fireworks
- Website / News Photography
Good Impressions Digital // May 2008 – Present
Founder & CEO (Consulting Company)
Web Consulting: Concentrating on brochure style web sites for small – medium sized businesses.
- Provides project budgets, briefs and timelines
- Conducts competitive analysis, information architecture, wireframes
- Creates high-fidelity designs using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Develops customized WordPress websites
- Google analytics, SEO
- Create and manage social media accounts and graphics
VEKA Inc. // September 2006 – May 2008
Multimedia / Web Developer
Took projects from concept to completion, working directly with the client
- Conducted project research and planning, as well as competitive analysis and web site documentation
- Provided content audits and created information architecture, sketches, wireframes and sitemaps
- Designed sites using Photoshop
- Created interactive multimedia using Flash
- Coded sites in HTML and ASP.NET using Dreamweaver
- Tested, finalized, and maintained final product and client relations
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh // July 2005 – September 2006
Attend and assist in lower level classes. Tutoring and mentorship.
Erica is very diligent and easy to work with. She goes the extra mile to make sure things flow easily between UX, Design, and Development.
Bachelor of Science in Interactive Media Design
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Graduated with Honors // September 2006
*Best in Show Award*
Erica’s classes were among my favorites. She made the topic interesting but also threw in so much real world knowledge.
PNC Grow Up Great Program // 2018
Teachers Helper, Pittsburgh Public School
Founder & Organizer // 2013 – Present
UX Pittsburgh, Professional Group
Portfolio Critique and Mentor // 2007 – 2015
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Digital Consulting // 2008 – 2014
SPRITES Foundation, Mental Health & Suicide Prevention