Select Page
University Website User Personas

University Website User Personas

The Challenge

Older University websites are known to become large and bloated over the years. In this project example, the site I was working on was up to 7,800 pages and counting. Lots of duplicate content had been created between departments due to a multitude of publishers that had little contact with one another, as well as a lack of ownership and central governance. To top it off, the target audience, Prospective Students was forgotten. It even included public pages that were intended for internal administrations eyes only.

The Solution

We started by reading previous research articles provided by a trusted partner. This helped us to get into the mind of the targets and then formulate questions to conduct user surveys for each of the three main targets: high-school students, alumni, and donors. The audience matrix above was used heavily when creating the new sitemap to determine what content could stay and what could go as well as the priority. We got the sitemap down to 500 quality targeted pages.